Engaged and Active Learning
• Our curriculum is competency-based ensuring students develop the skills necessary to make sense of what they are learning and their environment.
• We use a combination of whole-group, small-group and individual tasks to intentionally reach specific learning objectives.
• We develop critical and creative thinking by providing learning experiences that allow students to apply their knowledge in innovative ways to real-world situations.
• We promote active learning experiences while establishing solid routines and structures to maximize the learning of each student.
• We maintain a balance between high academic standards and respecting the development of each one of our students.
• We prepare our students for a successful future by developing their intellectual, social and personal skills.
• We ensure that each child is growing and learning in a happy, safe, engaged, challenging and differentiated learning environment.
• Our classroom is focused on developing emotional intelligence by developing personal and social skills.
• Our students are given choices encouraging them to find a direct connection between the instructional material and their own interests.
• Our core values, empathy, integrity, respect, responsibility and resilience are integral to every child’s life at our school.
• Classrooms’ physical environment is flexible with open seating plans that promote collaborative learning.